Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Big Thank You!

Just a quick update to tell you we're back from our road trip to Italy.


Tuscany was charming! I took over 400 photos! That's an average of 100 pictures a day and I could have taken many more, except the battery gave up on me.
We arrived shortly this morning via the Blueline ferry from Ancona. We drove home to unpack the car and have a cup of coffee. I was catching up on my correspondence and reading your lovely comments from the previous post and I wanted to take a moment to thank you all my lovely readers and followers for your comments and advice about what to see and where to eat in Italy. In case you were wondering I didn't wear either dress, I needed comfortable shoes to wander through the cobblestone streets of Pisa, Florence, San Gimignano and Barberino Val d'Elsa, and well I just didn't look very attractive with tennis shoes and a dress.

I'll have more details about our trip soon. For now we're going to pick up our daughter from her grandparents home where she was staying these past few days. I wonder if she missed us and what will she say when we walk through the door? As for me, I can't wait to put my arms around her!


10 comments:

  1. Welcome back! it seems u had a great trip!! lucky you:) cant wait to see picsand read about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks lovely already ... have fun seeing your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the travel fashion...I always picture myself walking in gorgeous dresses and stilettos in Europe, but then end up bringing flats because they are more "practical" and more casual clothes to match :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Babs, yes I will post pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Alice, we missed her greatly, everytime we saw a child her age, we were sad and wished our daughter was with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katrina,maybe it would be different if we actually lived there, but to explore the city we definitely needed walking shoes. I see you guys are planning your next adventure. My vote is still on Croatia.=)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love Tuscany! Sounds like an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you enjoyed your trip! I always take way too many pictures whenever we travel. I do look forward to seeing some of those 400 photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A "driving" trip to Italy? Oh Elisa, I could be very jealous but I'm not. I know you'll share your lovely time through your photos. I'll bet your little one will be happy to see you--and you her. So sorry you didn't run into Andrea. Wouldn't that have been fun?!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Don't think I've told you that my lovely new daughter in law's name is Elyssa. Spelled differently from yours but lovely!

    B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...