Friday, April 16, 2010

IOWA

Well we made it, we are in the Midwest! Beli did amazingly well. Although when we first set foot in the airplane she said, "Ne avion". I calmly talked to her and she was fine. The first hour of the 17 hour trip she refused to sit on her own seat but then she began familiarizing with her surroundings and later she was even running down the aisle with another little girl she made friends with!I'll be writing another post about my experience at the Chicago Airport because the gentleman who helped us get through customs deserves to be mentioned. As a parent traveling alone with a child, it's people like him that make flying a positive experience.It has been a bit difficult to adjust to the time change, but plenty of afternoon naps should do the trick right? Sunny weather, 80 degrees, it's warmer compared to Croatia!
Greetings to everyone and thanks for the advice about traveling with a toddler, the tips were very helpful; Beli was happy and so was I. Stay tuned for the Mexican children's party tomorrow, then next week I will be seeing Suze Orman with my older sister, (shown here holding Beli), we're also planning a trip to Texas, then our good friend Nando is traveling from New York to visit us. So yes, it will be one busy month. Hope you can join me on my adventures throughout the Midwest.

16 comments:

  1. I saw your location and had to say Hi.I welcome you here if its for the very first time.I love finding friends from all over the world.Im a new follower here,hope to vist again soon.Visit me sometime!~~becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back!!! enjoy the midwest!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have an amazing time in the States, visiting friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, big change! I know family will be delighted to see Beli. What a great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time at home!! can't wait to see pics, read about your holidays and about Beli's birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the trip over hear went well! I can't wait to see you!!!!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back to the U.S.! I hope you weren't affected by the Icelandic volcano! Don't know how those folks are managing, especially those with small children. Loved the photos of sweet Beli's party. We are enjoying lovely weather in the Chicago area. Hope Iowa is too.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becky, Thanks for visiting and hope to see you around more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jodi! I love the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. G.
    I'm very happy to be with family and friends. Good look on your application for the training progam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Babs. I will be posting the pics soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holly! Can't wait to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie. My brother-in-law was telling me about the volcano. I really don't keep track of the news but I guess it happened one day after we arrived here in Iowa. Wow! I too wonder how the families are doing in the airports stranded. Nice weather here. This is the first time this year I'm wearing shorts! Yippee..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Angie, thank you. When I saw my family I was in "shock" I was like please pinch me, Am I really here with you guys? A year of not seeing your parents and sisters is a long time!!! So I'm enjoying every second, minute, hour

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so lovely! Seriously, she's a beautiful girl (and you're gorgeous too!). I'm so glad that you're having such a lovely time - can't wait to see more pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you made it safely and that Beli enjoyed the journey! Bravo :-) I shall look forward to your updates (I have REAL internet for a few days so making the most of being able to catch up on my favourite blogs!) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...