Sunday, August 28, 2011

A daytrip to see a glacier via the fall river road


A snowball fight in August!

You know me too well. I can't stop discovering my surroundings! We finally had a free weekend for our little family of three. I suggested a hike followed by a picnic. 
To get there, we drove about an hour or so west of Denver to the town of Idaho Springs. Then we hiked for  less than a mile? Let me tell you, walking uphill at an elevation of 10,000 feet was not easy, but then again I was only carrying our lunch, hubby on the other hand was looking after Beli.

snowboarders descending from the snowfield.








 I noticed many of the trees had its roots spreading outwards.
 Collecting flowers.


 Time for our picnic.
 Enjoying the beautiful view.


 Ready for the snowfight?


We are!










 We made it back to the parking lot just as it was beginning to rain.
It was a great day! Beli was exhausted and within minutes she fell asleep.
.
.
How is your weekend going?

16 comments:

  1. This must have been a delighted day amidst such grand nature and scenery. Beli seems happy to be there too. And I'm sure she enjoyed the picnic and the mountain views. Have a sweet Sunday.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! What a nice outing...I can see that Beli is starting to look so grown up too!...We're hunkered down, waiting for hurricane Irene to hit in the morning. I'm just wasting time right now...Can't sleep. Wish I was in Idaho Springs!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful pictures and I just love the final one of Beli in blanket street
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow gorgeous photos! and what an adorable daughter you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great scenery, great pics, that bring back good memories to when I had the luck to visit "glacier national park" up there.

    in holland at the moment, packing everything for the final move of our complete stuff to croatia.
    bye bye tulips, hello olives, in about four weeks that will be our happy future.

    enjoy your outings, to you it's great, to Beli, no doubt, these are never to forget impressions.
    LUCKY KID !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glaciers totally fascinate me for some reason..very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos- we were in CO earlier this summer and loved it- I liked seeing the snow way up in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. So gorgeous! We went to Glacier Park this summer. And I loved it. It looks like you had fun!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great outing! so beautiful! And, happy belated birthday, girlie! Sorry I missed it...I'm catching up on my reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. reading the warning sign at the glacier, a basic warning I once saw in England came to my mind:
    "CLIFS KILL" is all it said, at the beginning of a breathtaking footpath on the edge of the white cliffs of Dover.
    funny people, those right hand driving "island people".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciao Elisa, please do send some snow over, it's sooo hot here! Such a different scenery from last Summer, but the same cute and smiling family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness..what a fantastic post and it looks like you all had a blast. Btw: Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Made my day:) Muah

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...