Friday, September 16, 2011

Breakfast in Ouray

this is part one of our road trip to Southwest Colorado.
I had asked some of my friends for advice. 
I didn't know if it was feasible to visit 3 to 4 cities in one weekend.
One friend suggested it was possible, but we would be spending most of our time
in the car. And she was right!
Here are some photos along the way.
 Drove by the Blue Lake and into the
Black Canyon,






Our first destination
was the town of Ouray, 
also known
as the "Switzerland of America."


charming original Victorian structures
 A walk around town before breakfast.
Unfortunately, we didn't have time to relax in the Hot Springs Pool



Off to our next destination, Telluride!

6 comments:

  1. A delightful road trip - great pics
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorado is beautiful! I can see that Ouray is called Switzerland of America. Absolutely gorgeous. I have never been to Colorado and now after seeing your photos, I really want to visit! My husband actually talked about going to Colorado during this past summer, but our stay in the States got cut short, so we didn't get to. Maybe someday... I love seeing the blue sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I am Erika from TravelerVoice, a new social network for travel bloggers.

    I just found your blog and I really like how you described your travel story with beautiful pictures and assertive comments! It's exactly the kind of writing we are looking for our Living abroad section, please feel free to register :)

    In the meantime I am running a contest to reward the most outstanding travel blogs on the web and I am still looking for new members :) so please check it out at http://www.travelervoice.com/contest.aspx for further details.

    I am looking forward to hearing from you :)

    Cheers,
    Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you travel so much. congrats! God bless you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...