Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Museum Outdoors


After celebrating Mother's Day last Sunday we drove next to a beautiful park, Samson Park and stopped to say  "hi" to the puppy.

Samson Park is an extension of the Museum of Outdoor Arts Admission to the museum is free! When we arrived the park was getting ready for a concert that evening and they had the sidewalk blocked so I was not able to get too close to the sculptures (to take better pictures) but  we were close enough to admire the beautiful outdoor gallery. There were many Alice in Wonderland theme pieces. 





 A mad tea party.


 The queen of hearts looks kinda scary hu?








But wait there's more!

 This is the Willow Flower (Weindenblume) created by German atelier Sanfte Strukturen. It's a permanent, living willow sculpture. 



At the top of the dome, can you see the two mosaic birds? They are Lark Buntings, representing Colorado's state bird.. ( I had not idea, so it was interesting to learn something new!)





And we concluded the tour at the Greenwood Plaza

Of One Heart
The Fence




Look at that!

Mercury
Have you been to an outdoors Art Museum?

11 comments:

  1. what an adorable whimsical place- i think my monkeys would love to see the Alice in wonderland statues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ren, they would enjoy it for sure!

      Delete
  2. I continue to be amazed at what an artist and scenic place your new home is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to agree with you. I love discoveries new things to see (especially for free. LOL)

      Delete
  3. How cool! I love all the Alice in Wonderland sculptures, and that willow dome is crazy cool!

    Our art museum in KC has a sculpture garden. That's about as close to an outdoor museum as I've been to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen! the willow dome was pretty cool to see. I will say the sculpture garden counts as an outdoor museum.

      Delete
  4. An outdoor museum - how lovely!
    I love it when art and nature meet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara! You would be inspired to draw some paintings here.
      Hope all is well!

      Delete
  5. To much to react to, so better keep it simple: GREAT, just great !

    Am connecting some people to create a (no: THE) very first travel guide on Croatia and its wines.
    Seems the time is right, as Anthony Bourdain called Croatia f@cking awesome, Cliff Rames writes splendid reviews on Croatia's wines, and I found a writing lady that might do the job.
    And me, I keep enjoying our life here, taking care of "tikve, slive, krumpire and blitva).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PIM, Ha, ha, Yeah I couldn't stop taking photos!

      That's great news! I would love to hear more about this project. If there is anything I can do to spread the word let me know. (jealous of your life in the country!!)

      Delete
  6. Tye outdoor museum looks so fun! I love Alice in Woderland. I would love to come visit and it's so nice that it's free!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...