Sunday, June 17, 2012

Health Tourism


I'm amazed and grateful at how well my Father-in-law is recovering from his surgery. One of hubby's cousins is a doctor in Croatia and he suggested a stay at a rehab center in Opatija, Croatia.


Arrangements were made for the two week stay.  My Mother-in-law would stay a couple of days then my father-in-law would be admitted into the rehab center, Thalassoterapia, where they specialize in  rehabilitation and treatment of heart and lung diseases.  You can read more about the center here.


I remember visiting Opatija on my second trip to Croatia with hubby, several years ago. I guess I never thought of it as a seaside  health resort but it makes sense,it has beautiful parks and nice climate.
Park Sv. Jakov





And in the meantime while my Mother-in-law waits for her husband's return, she paints.


Beautiful isn't it?



6 comments:

  1. I'm glad he's doing well!...And wow!...your mother in law's painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing painting indeed. and glad to hear that things are moving forward and he is doing good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish I had only 10 percent of her talent !!!
    Opatija looks to be the perfect place to stay, and not only for recovering !
    best wishes to him, pim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opatija is a beautiful place!! I'm glad to hear that your father-in-law is doing well after a surgery and how wonderful is it for him be able to go to a rehabilitation at such a peaceful, enchanting resort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it does look beautiful :) maybe a good vacation spot??? sending good thoughts his way though, hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Elisa! I hope your fathier-in-law will get better! Kisses

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...