Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A road trip to Red Rocks and a photography contest

On Saturday we drove to the nearby town of Morrison to surprise Beli with a visit to the kid size village, Tinytown. I think hubby and I were more disappointed than Beli when we discovered it was still closed for the season! So we continued driving west to the next touristic attraction, Red Rocks Amphitheatre. 




We were screaming, "Look Beli, look at the deer!" she could care less. She was more interested in wanting to know, just exactly where was her surprise we promised!





 Surprise!!! 
 She was not amused!

 We walked indoors because it was too windy and cold.


 Hubby and I attended the 1964 Beatles tribute a few summers ago, it was alot of fun!


 Overall, it was a great day, and it was free of charge! I also found out, via this link that Red Rocks is hosting a photography contest. I'm considering submitting some of my photos.  What do you think? Any advice, suggestions?




8 comments:

  1. did you get to play with the drums??? :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha,ha nope, just sang along to a yellow submarine, really really loud! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to go to Red Rocks when I was a kid and just soaked it all up -- how fun that you're exposing gorgeous Beli to so much :) She is an absolutely gorgeous child, and I'm always in awe of how much you guys do with her.
    The pictures you take are stunning, and I know that she'll appreciate having so much documentation when she gets older! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice trip you made! Yes, free of charge is always awesome! :) When I saw the title, I thought, Elisa is back! I love that you guys are adventurous and do fun family road trips. I also love your new blog look. Very stylish and very you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool, about the photography contest! You definitely should enter. Some of these photos would fit perfectly. I especially love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You totally should send in one of your photos:) Sounds like a lovely day, darling. Kisses and hugs

    Ps: I’m hosting a cute necklace GIVEAWAY later today! Hope you’ll join in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cool trip. this place looks amazing... and you should definitely send your photos. love road trips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi! I'm so out of the loop. I've just gotten back into the blogging world. Your photographs are beautiful!!! Glad you've been well!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...