Sunday, October 3, 2010

Look at these peppers


I can't over the fact that purple jalapenos exist. I don't even know if they are edible. We found them at the neighbor's home. I have a feeling they are very spicy though. And here is a bit of trivia, did you know that jalapeno peppers are named after the capital of Veracruz, Mexico -Jalapa? I learned this via my friend who is originally from Veracruz but is now living in Croatia. All this time I have been eating the peppers and I had no idea where the name originated from.


5 comments:

  1. yes, the Mother Earth has given us such abundancy of colors and flavors, and she spread all the colors all across the globe. In Croatia you found purple, and think of how many color are there that you do not even know about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, peppers - I adore them!
    Am in agreement with Jelena above on Mother Earth has blessed us with with an abundance of colours, fruits, peppers and spices. I shall email re. forthcoming trip. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something else new I learned today! Who knew?!!! Thanks! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors - I would have thought those were eggplants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look so tasty,your so lucky to be living in Croatia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...