Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coloring on the walls

Mama, dai shoes, Mama? Mama!!..MAMA!!!!!! huh? what? I mumbled as I opened my eyes. Oh, it's Beli, waking up early, as usual. She climbed out of her bed, jumped into ours then grabbed my shoes and placed them in my face, as if saying, I need you, please wake up. I walk to the kitchen, half asleep, fill the kettle with water to prepare coffee for Hubby and I, for her, a cup of strawberry-vanilla tea. I walk over to the balcony, open the windows and take a peek outside. "It's raining" I inform Beli, who seems lost in her world of toys and books and ignores me.

This is our morning routine, with a few surprises now and then, because with a 22 month old in the house it's unpredictable what they will do. This morning for example, as I prepared coffee, still half asleep, I turned my back for a few minutes to find this on the wall.

Looking at it very close, it's actually artistic. What do you think?


Around the corner another scribble.

Beli, ne usta! Don't put that crayon in your mouth!

Hiding from Mama.

I tried distracting her, Wow!! Beli look, it's elmo! speaking in a loud and enthusiastic voice. Kids like that right? She scribbles in her coloring book, then looks up at me, grins then she takes off running! And there I go, chasing after her!
And here she is, working on another masterpiece. Oh, there is never a dull moment in our home. How do you spend your mornings? Do you have a certain routine you follow?

14 comments:

  1. oh no! your poor walls! My morning routine mostly involves me running from room to room shouting 'don't do that!' 'Put that down!' and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, yeah if our landlord was to visit he would be mortified, (we are planning on painting the walls and restoring them to their original state..some day..LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still have ink on the walls after many years. Somehow, don't mind it terribly. Now the kids are grown and I have dried red candle wax from the kitten. I don't think we are evolving well!Enjoy these times - they are to be savored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claudia, Yes! she loves to color and who am I to discourage her. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! no wall art here yet, but I'm sure that time is coming.

    Her strokes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janna I read an article about putting up a posterboard on one wall and designating it as the wall to color, but I don't know how a 22 month old can understand the concept of it's ok to color here but not there.hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the first one she did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. To me it looks like the profile of man with claws?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tienes mucha patiencia y humor, Elisa. No creo que yo haya estado muy tranquila despues de todo eso. Eeeeeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hay pues que le voy a ser, con solo ver su sonrisa me derrito..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Little D did that last week..ay

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh,oh did he get in trouble?

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes he did, he had to scrub it
    ..he kept saying, mommy it is not coming off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my darling. WIth our walls, the more we scrub the more the paint comes off, but the crayon marks remain!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...