- I can say I feel Content. Happy. Stress-free(work-related), Relaxed.
- Slowly integrating into Society (learning the language is a key factor).
- With the help of technology (Skype) I can call my mother and sisters on a daily basis, (just like we did when I lived in the states).
- I miss commodities such as dishwasher and dryer for your clothes.
- Still feel uneasy about health-care(due to language barrier)but thankfully haven't had need to see a doctor. (except that 1 time to the ER for Isabela's cut..scary day)
- Still getting used to how money just flies out of your pocket and don't know how families manage(average salary for Split residents is about 900 dollars/monthly).
- But then again you don't have people using credit cards left and right, most purchases are cash only, So if you can't afford it you don't buy it.
- I now buy what I need Not what I want or like (and it is such a relief! so much more simple, no new clothes hanging in the closet with the tag still attached)
- I miss driving, but won't risk safety of my family (because drivers here are very territorial about their space..dare NOT pass them in the city!)
- Love accesibility for traveling within Europe. We are planning a few trips in the upcoming months. Italy is one of them...... Grazie, Per favore, Ciao, Arrive derci (Can you tell I am practicing my italian common phrases?)
- And I don't need to state the obvious, LOVE to spend 24/7 with my precious girl, Isabela
- A blessing to have HER in my life.
- I can probably go on and on.
- But bottom line, YES I miss my parents, sisters, nephews TERRIBLY, but I know when I look back at this experience (in years to come) there will be no Regrets!!
- Love you all !!!!(You know who you are)
Monday, September 28, 2009
It has been 4 months today since we left the States for the relaxed and easy-going lifestyle of Croatia. So how have things changed for me you might ask?